Spontaneous Escapes is back, and back with a bang..
Spontaneous Escapes is a permanent feature since 2019 targeted at giving Krisflyer members discounted redemptions for quick getaways. It normally offers 30% off normal redemptions on flights sold by Singapore Airlines, allowing Krisflyer members to score excellent value redemptions.
However, for the upcoming month of February, we are seeing 51% off redemptions. This is only on selected routes and cabins, but if used correctly, you could score a return-flight redemption for a price of a one-way redemption!
First, some ground rules of Spontaneous Escapes.
1. Tickets must be cleared before the end of Spontaneous Escapes. If it is on waitlist and cleared after Spontaneous Escapes, the discount will not go through.
2. Tickets, in no circumstances, can be changed or cancelled.
3. No stopovers are permitted on Spontaneous Escapes tickets (hence no USD100 stopover trick)
4. Certain blackout dates apply.
5. Only selected routes listed are eligible for discount as directed by Singapore Airlines.
A wide number of flights are offered for this edition of Spontaneous Escapes. My personal favourites are:
1) Round-trip award redemptions to Bali on the new 2018 Regional Business Class on the Boeing 787-10 at a discounted 9,125 miles one way
2)Round-trip award redemptions to Johannesburg on the 2013 Business Class on the Airbus A350 at 24,010 miles one way
3)Round-trip award redemptions to Rome on the 2013 Business Class on the Airbus A350 at 45,080 miles one way
4) One-way award redemption to London on the A380 Economy Class at 18,620 miles
These are the most noteworthy redemptions in my opinion because they offer the most value for such brilliant seats. Moreover, some of these routes, such as the flight to Rome, is appearing on Spontaneous Escapes for the first time. Popular flights to Japan/Australia and even the USA are also available, and you may refer to the full list of redemptions available here.
February’s Spontaneous Escapes is simply too good to be true, with never seen before 51% off redemptions. If you see a flight that fits you, my recommendation would be to snap it up immediately. It’s certainly the best way to travel after the Chinese New Year season.. 🙂